I did a search tonight for Australia Renovation Blogs and was quite disappointed that I couldn’t find many that were actually being written by home renovators. Most of the sites that I found were from companies that did renovations, or from professional web-sites.
I had a look over at www.houseblogs.net and managed to find a few in Australia, and those led me then to a few others. So tonight I subscribed to six new sites in my RSS reader. I’m really curious to see what sorts of experiences these guys are having with their renovation and building projects.
Here is a list of the sites:
- Tales from the Box – A renovation blog from Warrimoom, New South Wales Australia. They are renovating an old beach house and it looks like they are enclosing under theirs, like what we are doing. I”m not sure if they had to do the lift themselves, I haven’t got that far back in the archives yet.
- The Road to Amhearts – A blog from Amherst, Victoria
- Steve and Julie’s Victorian Home – A blog from Melbourne, Victoria
- Arty Farty Reno – A blog from Hobart, Tasmania. This is certainly a colourful renovation project
- Cacatua – Our Home – A blog from somewhere in New South Wales
- Del & Greg’s Owner Builder Adventure – A blog from Mt. Tamborine, Queensland
I’m sure that there are more out there, but I can’t find them easily and since it’s already 2:45 a.m. and I will have to be up with Caleb in less than 4-hours I think that it would be wise to head to bed.
If you know of any other Australian House blogs out there please let me know in the comments below.
In the coming months I am hoping to try to conduct some e-mail interviews with the writers of some of those blogs, just to dig a bit deeper into their experiences as Australian renovators and owner builders.